Base yourself at Heimat Chalets and experience all that Hobart and Tasmania’s Derwent Valley and Central Highlands have to offer.
If you have a Seniors Card you may be eligible for a 10% discount off our normal tariff if you book direct with us either by phone or email. The discount does not apply for on-line bookings.
|Chalets and Cottage|
|1 – 2 people||$130 to $200 per night (depending on the season)|
|Each extra person||$35 to $45 per night|
|Each extra child under 10 (including babies)||$20 to $30 per night|
for Motorhomes and Campervans
|1 – 2 people||$45 to $55 per night (depending on the season)|
|Extra person||$8 to $10 per night|
|Child concession (including babies)||$5 to $7 per night|
|1 – 2 people||$300 to $400 per night (depending on the season)|
|Each extra person (including babies)||$50 to $60 per night|
- Booking fee of 20% applies to cancellations.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies should cancellation be less than 48 hours prior to scheduled check-in.
- Check-in time is 2.00 pm onwards – please let us know if you will be later than 5.00 pm.
- Check-out time is 10.00 am unless by prior arrangement.
- Special rates may be available off-season – please ring us or send an email to find out more.
Check out our Facebook page to keep up to date with what’s happening at Heimat Chalets. Why not add a comment yourself?
Heimat Chalets is also on www.tripadvisor.com. Why not add a comment there too?
What our guests say
Some comments from our guests….
- I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Heimat Chalets. The service was very personal which you don’t often get. Linda & Frank made our stay very enjoyable. The service was outstanding, and the accommodation immaculate.
- Fantastic scenery, beautiful location. Recommend to everyone back home. Loved it!! Heaven on Earth.
- The clear signage from several km away ensured that we found the place easily, and this impressive attention to detail and focus on our needs continued after arrival. Frank & Linda are gracious, warm and welcoming hosts. Frank and Linda’s care for their animals, their guests and their environment is extraordinary. They are warm and friendly, and the accommodation is beautifully presented.
- The owners are welcoming and friendly. The property is in a wonderful location and the chalets and other facilities are outstanding. A warm welcome is followed by attentive but not intrusive service. The property is in a wonderful location and the chalets are beautiful.
- 10/10 – best accom in Tasmania – Day 8. Everything supplied, very tasteful decor, very clean. Made us feel special. Environmentally friendly. A beautiful quiet retreat within reach of lots of attractions. Lovely people.
- Linda and Frank (the owners of Heimat) are excellent hosts. They could not do enough for us & the chalets are immaculate.
- This is the best campsite we have stayed at. The facilites are fine for campers wanting powered sites as well as those wanting chalets. The managers (Linda & Frank) made us welcome from the outset. The facilities are excellent with fine attention to detail. The BBQ shed is a delight.
- This is the best van site we have been in in Australia (we have been several times before). It must be difficult for the owners to put into an advert just how unique and different this site is. Plus how clean and looked after it is. …… It is unique, different, extremely clean, with caring, friendly hosts.
- Linda and Frank – excellent hosts. Hosts friendly and professional – emphasised visit to be not only an overnight stay but an experience with options to see animals at feeding time.